Select Civil Pty Ltd recognises its moral and legal responsibility to provide a safe and healthy work environment for employees, contractors, customers and visitors. This commitment extends to ensuring that the organisation’s operations do not place the local community at risk of injury, illness, property and environmental damage.
Select Civil Pty Ltd will:
- Provide safe plant and systems of work to minimise pollution.
- Provide written procedures and instructions to ensure controlled systems of work.
- Ensure compliance with legislative requirements and current industry standards.
- Provide information, instruction, training and supervision to employees, contractors, customers and the general public to ensure that environmental safeguards are maintained.
- Committed to establish measurable objectives and targets to ensure continued improvement aimed at elimination of environmental incidents.
- Set and review environmental objectives and targets.
- Review environmental procedures & management systems.
Site Management are responsible for:
- Implementing environmental procedures & management systems.
- Demonstrate due diligence in the provision of its services, manage its work activities in a manner which is consistent with the principles of ecologically sustainable development.
- Minimising pollution and managing potential environmental impacts resulting from Select Civil’s activities and promoting the efficient use, reuse and recycling of resources.
- Assessing likely environmental outcomes before deciding to proceed with activities.
- The provision and maintenance of the workplace in a safe condition.
- Involvement in the development, promotion and implementation of environmental policies and procedures.
- Training employees in the performance of their assigned tasks.
- The provision of resources to meet environmental commitment.
Employees are to:
- Follow environmental policies and procedures.
- Report all known or observed hazards to their immediate Supervisor or Manager.
Application of the Policy
This policy is applicable to Select Civil Pty Ltd in all its operations and functions including those situations where employees are required to work off site.