Select Civil Pty Ltd recognises its moral and legal responsibility to provide a safe and healthy work environment for employees, contractors, customers and visitors. This commitment extends to ensuring that the organisation’s risk management processes – operations do not place the local community at risk of injury, illness or property damage, and be in compliance with relevant WHS, workplace injury management and workers compensation legislation, regulation and codes.
Select Civil Pty Ltd will:
- Provide safe plant and systems of work.
- Provide written procedures and instructions to ensure safe systems of work.
- Ensure compliance with legislative requirements and current industry standards.
- Provide WHS information, instruction, training and supervision to employees, contractors and customers to ensure their safety.
- Provide support and assistance to employees.
- Commit to establish measurable objectives and targets to ensure continued improvement aimed at elimination of work-related injury and illness.
Management is responsible for:
- Implementing the WHS Policy.
- The provision and maintenance of the workplace in a safe condition.
- Involvement in the development, promotion and implementation of health and safety policies and procedures.
- Training employees in the safe performance of their assigned tasks.
- The disseminating WHS and related information.
- Establishing measurable objectives and targets for continuous improvement
Employees are to:
- Follow all health and safety policies and procedures.
- Report all known or observed hazards to their immediate Supervisor or Manager.
Implementation of the Policy
This policy is applicable to Select Civil Pty Ltd in all its operations and functions including those situations where employees are required to work off site.
The organisation is committed to consultation and cooperation between management and employees. The organisation will consult with employees on any workplace change that will affect the health and safety of any of its employees.