Select Civil Pty Ltd recognises its moral and legal responsibility to provide a safe and healthy work environment for employees, contractors, customers and visitors.
This commitment extends to ensuring that the organisation’s risk management framework and operations do not place employees, contractors, and the local community at risk of injury, ill health, or sustain property damage, and be in compliance with relevant legislation, regulation, codes, and project specific requirements.
Select Civil Pty Ltd will:
- Provide safe plant and systems of work.
- Provide written procedures and instructions to ensure safe systems of work.
- Ensure compliance with legislative requirements and industry standards.
- Provide WHS information, instruction, training and supervision to employees, contractors and customers to ensure their safety.
- Provide support and assistance to employees.
- Commit to establish measurable objectives and targets to ensure continued improvement aimed at elimination of work-related injury and illness.
Management is responsible for:
- Implementing the WHS Policy.
- The provision and maintenance of the workplace in a safe condition.
- Involvement in the development, promotion and implementation of health and safety policies and procedures.
- Training employees in the performance of their assigned tasks.
- The disseminating WHS and related information.
- Establishing measurable objectives and targets for continuous improvement
- Eliminating WHS hazards and reduce WHS risks as far as reasonably practicable.
Employees are to:
- Follow all health and safety policies and procedures.
- Report all known or observed hazards to their immediate Manager or Supervisor in order to minimize risks onsite.
Implementation of the Policy
This policy is applicable to Select Civil Pty Ltd in all its operations and functions including those situations where employees are required to work off site.
The organisation is committed to consultation and cooperation between management and employees or representatives (where applicable). The organisation will consult with employees in any workplace change that will affect the health and safety of any of its employees.