Melbourne Regional Landfill is one of the biggest landfill facilities in Australia. Select Civil, with the active involvement of its owner Cleanaway, transformed this site into a showroom for best Landfill practices in Australia; from the use of fully integrated GPS technology to an OH&S and Environmental focus far exceeding the usual industry standards.
Melbourne Regional Landfill is a 900Ha site which is licensed to accept 1000,000T per year of solid putrescible and non-putrescible waste. Select were contracted to provide landfill services at this site including, tip face operations, stormwater & leachate management, maintenance of access roads and litter control. As part of our landfill services infrastructure, Select operated an accredited equipment workshop at the site inclusive of 2 full time qualified plant mechanics.
In addition to landfill operations Select Civil were also a major contractor at the site. Additional operations for our client have included:
- Load cart and placement of over 200,000m2 of landfill capping subgrade.
- Construction of entry and exit access roads and infrastructure.
- Design and construction of workshop facilities.
- Design and construction of 300mm x 12m perimeter litter nets.
- Design and construction of over 500m of site litter netting.
May 2012 - XXX