The South Coast Correctional Centre was commissioned by The Department of Correctional Services whom are the owners and operators of the Centre. The design, project management and construction supervision was undertaken by the Richard Crookes Constructions.
Select Civil was appointed the Civil Contractor for the works valued at approximately $6.5M expected to last for 15 months.
The scope of works at South Coast Correctional Centre was;
- Clear & Grub 30 hectare site
- Construction of access roadway
- Construction of access bridge into the site
- Bulk earthworks inclusive of stripping topsoil, Cut to fill for Building pads, sediment basins & roads
- Detailed earthworks for building footings
- Construction of a sewer pump station including fit out & electrical works
- Construction of road pavements, car parking, playing field, tennis courts & footpaths
The Department of Correctional Services
South Coast Correctional Centre